X
  • Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• National Development

class="hei14 pcCon">

Taikonauts exercise in the space lab Tiangong-2. (Xinhua)

by Xinhua special correspondent Chen Dong

ABOARD TIANGONG-2, Nov. 8 (Xinhua) -- November 8 is Journalists' Day. Greetings and best wishes to all reporter friends covering the Shenzhou-11 mission!

Today is November 7, my 20th day aboard Tiangong-2. Many wonder how brother Jing and I exercise, and how different it feels compared with exercising on Earth. Yesterday, we mainly did cable exercise as strength training. We do it every other day.

We have to move some things to the return module before we start our return journey in 15 days' time, which will be physically demanding. To make matters worse, we have become less fit during the long-time flight. So we need to muscle up.

Our cable equipment is essentially a rubber band. I adjusted it into a loop hovering in mid-air, and tried a new feat I created to go through it. But I failed halfway with it stuck around my body. Meanwhile, brother Jing has increased his exercise load and even made up a new training method for his legs.

Yesterday after supper, we donned our penguin space suits and walked for about three hours and ten minutes. Staff back on Earth insist we wear them while doing exercise, as it helps maintain our muscle and body functions in a weightless environment.

Today, we focused on cycling. Since there's only one bike, we have to alternate, with the other person doing cable exercise. Usually we do it for half an hour. It is kind of tiring, and one cannot use one's strength as easily as on Earth; it feels like riding a bike in bed. However, I felt great after the morning's exercise.

And then there's running -- the first time for Chinese to run in space!

Actually, we couldn't even adjust ourselves to a full running posture for the first two days. Brother Jing finally got the hang of it on the third day, and he was so excited that he ran for an hour and established contact with Earth just to tell them. Our recommended running duration is only half an hour.

Meanwhile, some stunts are a piece of cake in space, like somersaults and floating, and some muscles that are rarely used on Earth are key here. For example, the upper arms are crucial for moving since we need to grasp things and pull ourselves along.

class="hei14 pcCon">

Taikonauts exercise in the space lab Tiangong-2. (Xinhua)

" Top Communist Party of China (CPC) and state leadersXi Jinping Rudy Gobert Jersey ,Li Keqiang,Zhang Dejiang,Yu Zhengsheng,Liu Yunshan,Wang QishanandZhang Gaolimeet with astronauts as well as representatives involved in research and testing for the country's Tiangong-2 andShenzhou-11 space mission in Beijing Rodney Hood Jersey , capital of China, Dec. 20, 2016. (XinhuaLi Xueren)
    BEIJING, Dec. 20 (Xinhua) -- President Xi Jinping on Tuesday hailed China's latest achievements in space exploration and stressed the importance of scientific innovation in the field.

Xi, also general secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC) Ricky Rubio Jersey , made the remarks while meeting astronauts Jing Haipeng and Chen Dong and others involved in research and testing for the Tiangong-2 and Shenzhou-11 space missions.

""The universe is vast and exploration of it will never end,"" Xi said, as he talked with Jing and Chen about their work and health, expressing his appreciation of their endeavors.

""I heard that you celebrated your birthday in orbit, and have been to space three times. Moreover Pete Maravich Jersey , it's a General who has done this. I hope you continue your good work,"" Xi told Jing.

""You appear in good spirits, how is your health now?"" Xi asked.

""It is the 32nd day since we returned to Earth. Our physical indicators are very good, and we are able to play basketball now,"" Jing answered.

Noting that China is implementing an innovation-driven development strategy Karl Malone Jersey , Xi said the strategy matters to China's future.

Space is an important field of progress and innovation, Xi said, adding that achievements in this regard are also important symbols of a country's scientific and technological strength.

""The success China has achieved in space science has greatly encouraged Chinese people's confidence in innovation,"" he said.

With 2016 being the 60th year of China's space program, Xi said the success of the Shenzhou-11 mission was a major victory.

China has made breakthroughs in a number of core technologies in the field through self-reliance and independent innovation Jonas Jerebko Jersey , which enabled Jing and Chen to stay in orbit for longer than any previous Chinese astronauts and helps the country to become a space power.

""We respect space science innovation, and have created a team of high-quality talent, bold in exploration and innovation,"" Xi said.

Other members of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee -- Li Keqiang, Zhang Dejiang John Stockton Jersey , Yu Zhengsheng, Liu Yunshan, Wang Qishan and Zhang Gaoli -- also met the astronauts on Tuesday.

Launched on Oct. 17, the Shenzhou-11 spacecraft docked two days later with China's first space lab, Tiangong-2 Joe Johnson Jersey , where Jing and Chen lived for 30 days.
    " Toyota sold nearly 466,000 vehicles during the first half of the year, up 11.7 percent from a year earlier.SHI YANCHINA DAILY
    China's antitrust agency on Wednesday confirmed that 12 Japanese auto parts and bearings manufacturers have been investigated, amid a wave of probe into foreign companies.

National Development and Reform Commission said in a news conference that they have completed the investigation of the Japanese companies, and fines will be issued according to the law.

NDRC did not name the companies involved Jeff Hornacek Jersey , or the exact amount of fine. But it said the results will be announced soon.

NDRC also . Cheap Soccer Shirts China Cheap NHL Shirts Cheap NBA Hats China Cheap MLB Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Soccer Shirts Free Shipping Cheap NFL Hoodies Free Shipping Cheap NFL Hats China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Shirts Wholesale Hoodies

Trabajando...
X